11/07/09

A Super Fun and Easy Gift Idea

I was so honored, recently, to be asked to be a Guest Designer on TAC's Savvy Projects Blog! So I started in on several projects and sent them off to be featured over the next couple of months!

I just had to stop in today to share one of my favorite projects! This is just a simple and fun paper mache bag and card set.


The bag is from Hobby Lobby in the "paintable stuff" section! I painted the bag red with Acrylic paint. Then took the snow flakes from Vintage Santa and stamped them in Noir Palette. I used a sponge and distressed the edges. I did this on the front and back of the bag.

Santa is stamped on TAC's Kraft and layered on TAC's Black CS. I used my edge distresser to rough up the edges of the Kraft, stamped the sentiment from the same set and attached the image to the bag. The bag also came with a brown paper handle so I took that out and added the black satin ribbon!

Inside the bag, I placed these cards....all using the Vintage Santa set!







Wrapping all the cards in clear cellophane and adding a bow, then putting the package inside the gift bag would make the perfect gift! Then once the cards are mailed off, the bag would make the perfect holiday decoration with some greenery inside or even just some tissue paper!

Hope you like my little project! Don't forget to grab your Vintage Santa set....he is so fun to work with!

Let me know what you think! Have a great day!!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this project. Awesome, fantastical, outstanding, beautiful! I could go on and on about how much I love it. I believe I have found my Christmas card for this year. Thank you. You are my hero!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the projects you came up with! I'm really happy it was with this set too! I just got it and I was having a major blockage on how to use it! You've given me a lot of great ideas now! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, super cute! Thanks for posting some close up pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Laurie this is awesome!!!
    I love all the red and kraft, so pretty together. That Santa is really easier just stamping and not having to color in too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie, This is really a great Funshop idea! I luv the kraft & red together and they are cute and quick... thats even better yet with everyones busy schedules this time of year. I was wondering why I wasn't seeing anything posted from you or Candie... LOL she turned it into a Funshop!!! How cool is that... BTW I really like your candle idea too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, wonderful, super...there aren't enough words for this! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS