2/29/12

Oh so happy!

I am THRILLED to stop in today with a new card!  Yes a NEW card!  I actually got to sit down today and make something!  It's been a whopping 7 days since I have been in my craft room!  As I told you in my last post, I did have surgery!  I didn't elaborate because I didn't want to sound like I was complaining or anything!  But I did have a kidney stone and it was horrible.  Thinking it would have been easier just to have another baby!  LOL!  I will spare you any more fun details and just say that I am so happy to be sitting upright and walking again!  :)  SO enough of that...on to my card...

IMG_5652_edited-1

This card truly has my friend, Jen, written all over it.  Not sure if its because of the twine or the colors or both!  I actually pulled out some of that patterned paper this time too! Oh and the frame from Dawn's MIM card!

IMG_5663_edited-1

That frame, butterfly and sentiment are from PTI's new Anniversary set.  I inked up the butterfly in kraft ink and then stamped off for this lighter image.  I actually heat embossed the frame...I never heat emboss...takes too much time...or so I thought!  I might have to try it again soon!  The background is Hero Arts Envelope background stamp. 

On another fun note...over the last few months I have been collecting some Project Life stuff!  Yes!! Scrapbooking!  I started way back in 1998 using CM and found my way to card making around 07.  Since then, the scrapbooks have taken a back burner.  Its time to pull out some pictures and get busy!  If it wouldn't bore you to much, I might share some pages here and there!  I am really excited about this simple new way to document life!  And my youngest might actually have a finished scrapbook now!  My oldest has 4 complete 12x12's and she is only 7.  Poor B only has 6 pages....and he's 3.  Time to get busy!  ;)

Thanks so much for coming by today!  I appreciate all of you hanging out with me, more than you know!

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, and glad you're feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that your surgery is over and that you were able to get back into your craft room :) Loving all the different layered elements on this card. Your scrapbooking sounds exactly like me! I used to use CM, too, and I think I started around the same time as you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful card Laurie, but even more important I am so glad you are feeling better. Kidney stones are a horrible thing. Big hugs to to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you layered the card. The pop of turquoise is fabulous.

    Sorry to hear about the kidney stones. I have heard it said it is the closest thing to childbirth - ouch. Hoping they did the bathtub with water laser treatment on you. Recover soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're recovering and back crafting, love the card!

    And yay for Project Life. I think you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your kidney stone! Hopefully it will be the last and you're feeling much better soon.
    Love the polka dot paper on this sweet card, and I can't wait for this anniversary set to arrive at my door. I've been thinking about doing Project Life, too, but every time I try to buy the pages they are sold out! Maybe that's a sign I should wait until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear last week is behind you! A friend of mine gets those. I hear they are truly awful! On a bright note: yay for crafting and scrapbooking/project life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are feeling better, Laurie. Can't imagine how painful kidney stones must be as I had a kidney infection once and that was miserable enough for me. LOVE your card ~ you rarely use patterned paper but this is perfect. Soft and subtle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! So happy to hear that you're feeling better!
    I know what you mean about the scrapbooking ... I'm in the same boat but my kids are a lot older! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do Project Life too. Can't wait to hear about how you are using it! And...love your card and most importantly glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're feeling better,Laurie! That card is fantastic!! Is that library card a stamp? I love the new PTI anniversary stamp set...Nichole did an amazing job.
    I need to get back to scrapping myself...it's just so much easier to make cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so glad that you are feeling better!!! Love this awesome card by the way too!!! So when are you coming to Colorado again....lol?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So HAPPY you're feeling better and back to card making! This is super sweet Laurie, love the polka dots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Laurie!
    And I would love to see some of your layouts! I started with CM, too, in 2003, but never really got into that style. Now almost 9 years later, I'm still crazy about scrapbooking...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is lovely! I've been organizing papers and really thinking I should use some, too...
    Sorry to hear about your stone and glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card, and so glad you are feeling better. The nice thing about a kidney stone vs a baby is there are no diapers, right? Anyway, glad you got to get inky, and you are making me think that I will be needing that Anniversary set soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I hope you're recovering well, girlie! Kidney stones are no fun at all!
    Well one things for sure, your mojo hasn't been affected by your surgery! This card is beautiful! I love the mix of embellishments, colours and gorgeous stamping!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I saw this card it totally reminded me of my style!! LOL!! Very cute! I love the background stamp you used!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS